Monday, June 12, 2017

JAM MAKING!

It's the season for strawberries. I found a new recipe to making some yummy strawberry jam. Super easy!

STRAWBERRY JAM!

You need:
2 pounds of fresh strawberries

2 1/2 cups of sugar

1 tablespoon lemon juice
Start mashing and mashing. Mash until it is mixed well and sugar is mixing well.

Now turn the heat on. Make sure to keep stirring as it will burn.

I have the jars ready.

Once it starts to boil and it doesn't go back down when stirring it, turn heat to medium. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Keep stirring! When timer goes off check that the consistency is what you want. Might take a minute or two longer.

Ladle into hot jars and seals and get bands on them.

Put them in the pot to water bathe them.

Jelly jars for 10 minutes.

Put them on a towel to cool and seal. I really like hearing the sounds of the lids popping. It lets me know I have done a successful job in canning.
I leave mine until the next day. Then I label them and put them in the pantry.
It's that easy!

2 comments:

  1. Looks SOOO good!


    -Cowgirl Lex

    (And hey, you can find my blog at: www.littlerancher.blogspot.com.)

    ReplyDelete