Friday, September 20, 2019

TURKEY BREAST RECIPE!!

We raise our own Thanksgiving Turkeys here on our farm. We raise serveral for ourself and others. We cook one for Thanksgiving and keep 1 or 2 in the freezer. We also take a couple of them and part them out. That's a lot of turkey meat once you part it out. They are huge. Our turkey breast will weigh 3-5 lbs each!!!!
What to do with a turkey breast??
Let's find out. And, yes I serve soup/chili in the summer.


White Chili with Turkey
I took a 3.5lb turkey breast patted dry and seared it in my Instant Pot.
I seasoned it with salt, garlic powder.


Before I put the lid on it  I added:
More salt, garlic powder, marjoram and thyme

Now I let it do it's thing. Never thought I would like an Instant Pot but I do.

And the next thing you know it's done.

I took about half of that cooked turkey breast and cut it into bite size pieces. I placed the other half in the refrigerator.

I had about 2 cups navy beans soaking since this morning. I then put them in the Instant Pot and let them cook.

In my dutch oven I added:
1 onion sauteed
4-5 garlic cloves
Then add 5 cans chicken broth (I used 4 quart jars of chicken broth I canned)
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
3-4 cans navy beans (I used my soaked and cooked beans)

Bring to a boil and then let simmer for about 30 minutes.

Then your gonna take about a cup of liquid out of the pot and add 2 tablespoons cornmeal and mix well and put back into pot.
Add 1/2-1 cup whipping cream
Stir and let cook together for another 30 minutes.

Dish up in a bowl and serve with sour cream, monterey jack cheese, guacamole and diced tomatoes.
Let me tell you this is super delicious!!!

The other half of the turkey breast I used for Turkey Quesadillas.

Turkey Quesadillas
I usually make 6 of them for the family using the small tortillas.
I grab a small cast iron pan and heat the turkey meat up and set aside. In my flat cast iron with some butter I put a tortilla down with some turkey and colby jack cheese and another tortilla. Flip when it starts turning brown. Repeat until you have made as many as you want. For our family I made 6.
We serve it up with some sour cream and homemade pico de gallo. 
You can serve with other toppings like salsa, guacamole and other fun stuff too.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment